Who and what are Scotland’s Third Sector
The Scottish third sector encompasses an estimated 45,000 voluntary organisations, of which around half are registered as charities. From small grassroots sports groups to pre-school day care, self-help groups, health and well-being services, culture and arts venues, village halls, housing and major social care providers, the third sector plays a key part across all walks of Scottish life today.
The sector is made up of, among other things:
- 23,700 registered charities, including 163 housing associations
- 20,000 grassroots community groups, sports and arts clubs
- Over 3,500 social enterprises
- 4,000 grant making trusts, funding activities in Scotland and abroad
- 432 community interest companies
- 107 credit unions
Go on … Who do you want tolcall?