The Scottish third sector encompasses an estimated 45,000 voluntary organisations, of which around half are registered as charities. From small grassroots sports groups to pre-school day care, self-help groups, health and well-being services, culture and arts venues, village halls, housing and major social care providers, the third sector plays a key part across all walks of Scottish life today.
The sector is made up of, among other things:
- 23,700 registered charities, including 163 housing associations
- 20,000 grassroots community groups, sports and arts clubs
- Over 3,500 social enterprises
- 4,000 grant making trusts, funding activities in Scotland and abroad
- 432 community interest companies
- 107 credit unions
Go on … Who do you want tolcall?